Data Analyst - Experiences
The Experiences team is a newly created team that is building products that complement Booking.com's core accommodation product, with the vision of driving the next stage in the company's growth. As a Data Analyst in Experiences you will be tackling key strategic questions, by effectively breaking down the problem, executing independent analysis and delivering actionable recommendations (and implementation where needed). Topics and projects can be driven by leadership or by the experiences team proactively. In solving such questions you will have a high amount of autonomy and will work in close collaboration with internal stakeholders across all levels of the organization. Examples of strategic questions might be "How can we scale this?", "Should we go after this business opportunity?", "How can we profitably monetise this product?", "Where should we allocate our investments?" or "Which travel vertical should we double down on?". Next to stand alone strategic projects, you will be involved in guidance and management of business operations (e.g., the annual strategic planning cycle, and the budget cycle). B.responsible
- Provide thought leadership on the complete cycle of gathering, checking, cleaning and using data.
- Develop insightful metrics, dashboards, reports and insights for the business leadership.
- Provide process improvements for all processes
- Build scalable analyses and deliver actionable insights to support continued company top line growth or bottom line management
- Establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the business.
- Develop relationships with other analytics, data science and business teams within the company.
- Support and change the business on how to think and use data. Educate them in the right data use and hypothesis building.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience as Data/Business Analyst
- Experience solving real problems using data mining techniques and with statistical rigor
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.
- Strong technical skills regarding data analysis and statistics
- Working knowledge in programming/scripting (Python, R, SQL, Bash, Matlab...)
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- You are a proven change maker and discerning analytical thinker, true passion for analytics and a desire to take complete ownership of high-impact projects in a hyper-growth company
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the "Booking Deal" with other competitive perks and benefits. We also host monthly hackathons, training and slots at global conferences.
This position is open to global candidates and in case of relocation we will support you and your family in successfully relocating to the Netherlands.