For our new credit risk organisation, ING is looking for a Credit Financial Risk Officer – Economic Capital. The Credit risk department is a head office function that is, amongst others, responsible for the determination of the credit risk strategy, setting credit risk appetite, coordinating (regulatory) programmes/projects related to credit risk and credit risk monitoring. The Credit risk – Governance and Strategy team is as model owner responsible for the Credit Risk Economic Capital model, which is a key function as Economic capital will increasingly play an important role in the credit risk and capital frameworks of ING. The Credit risk- Governance and Strategy team works from our headquarters in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. If you need to relocate to take this position in our team in Amsterdam, we offer a relocation package to support you with your relocation. Does it sound interesting? Please read on!
What you'll do
- Be the centre of expertise, design and execute the Credit Risk Economic Capital Framework as the model owner.
- Be in the lead for different global financial risk related projects for Credit Risk EC.
- Support and improve the Economic Capital Risk Appetite and limit setting, allocation and monitoring
- Coordinate, challenge & perform in-depth credit risk analyses and assessments
- Provide guidance and advise to Senior Management and all stakeholders on Credit Risk Economic capital
- Initiate model improvements and determine requirements
- Participation in (change) projects and model content panels
- Follow, interpret and execute developments/ requirements by regulators in the fields of Economic Capital & credit risks
How to succeed
- >3 years knowledge of risk management and financial products specifically in Credit Risk.
- Fluent in English
- Academic level, preferably in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or a Quantitative specialisation
- Working with presentations, the ability to present complex content in an easy and transparent way
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (the breakdown of complex issues in manageable pieces)
- Good communication skills
- Able to identify problems independently and to solve them with the help of experienced staff, also involving the appropriate parties
- Result-driven and able to push things forward in a persistent and constructive manner
- Able to manage different stakeholders and navigate different cultural environments
- Decisive and resilient
- Changeable and flexible, able to act swiftly in changing situations
- Well structured, autonomous, highly adaptive, flexible team player
- Thrive while working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid mix of working from the office and working from home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- An ING job grade 10 or 11 depending on your background and experience;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.