Connectivity Partner Technology Engineer
Booking.com is the world's #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player We are looking for a Connectivity Partner Technology Engineer.
The Connectivity Partnerships team
(part of the partner services department) is managing the ecosystem of technology companies, who are providing IT solutions for our accommodation partners, ranging from channel management to Property Management Systems and from online booking engines to Revenue Management. The objective of the Connectivity Partnerships team in Amsterdam is to become the trusted advisor for Booking.com's connectivity partners. To develop existing and recruit new connectivity partnerships to drive a joint and healthy business operation and accelerate on a mutual growth ambition.
As the world's leading accommodation site, Booking.com is at the center of a fast transforming market where guests expect the best possible experience in arranging their travel accommodation. To lead this transformation and to deliver on Booking.com's mission, it's of strategic importance to drive a high adoption of the products and connectivity innovations by Booking.com's eco-system of connectivity partners.
This newly created role of Connectivity Partner Technology Engineer
is a technical professional in the Partner Services organization working with our most strategic partners (Global Chains and Premier Connectivity Partners) on technical and transformational projects. The Connectivity Partner Technology Engineer is leading the technical engagements for designing and implementing future-proof solutions that help partners optimize, scale and respond to market opportunities in alignment with our strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer and partner facing roles and a proven track-record in leading architecture and implementation discussions with senior executives.
As a Connectivity Partner Technology Engineer
, you'll be driving the technical decision at our partners. The role spans all our regional connectivity partner teams. You explain in-depth what our products and services can do and how to enable them. You support with architectural design and drive proof-of-concepts to demonstrate first customer success. You liaise with product marketing and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements in Booking.com's products.
To be successful it's required you have related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles. You are an excellent communicator with strong presentation and negotiation talent. You have the ambition to consistently meet or exceed partner expectations and feel confident in engagement with senior level executives. B.Responsible
- Establish deep relationships with key IT decision makers with the aim to drive value-add to their company and Booking.com
- Lead mapping of business challenges to architecture/technology solutions while taking a systems-wide view of the partner's existing solution landscape.
- Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate the adoption of our product innovation by driving solution architecture for both Booking.com and 3rd party software.
- Keep key partners up-to-date with (new) products, technical knowledge and competitive differentiators.
- Build and improve partner's technical capabilities around the Booking.com platform and infrastructure, by developing and delivering a scalable learning path and technical (Architectural) workshops
- Enable the partner in identifying technology opportunities that enable and/or support the creation of differentiated offers in the market.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field experience required.
- 5-7+ years deep experience of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, solution architecture within web and mobile environments, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on the hospitality industry
- Proven success in technical sales and deployment projects managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and external resources
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
- A self-starter and motivated by the end result. Driven by your own performance, yet actively able to contribute to a team.
- Willing to face all challenges with enthusiasm, and positivity. Can bend and twist with the changes as they come your way.
- Ability to solve complex problems, deal with constraints and can come up with creative solutions.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written, additional languages are a plus
- Availability up to travel up to 30% of the time
- Results driven - excels in getting things done
- Ability to effectively network within a fast growing and changing organization