What is the role about?
As Bitvavo’s first Cloud Security Engineer, you will manage our security risks in order to improve the level of security of the cloud environments. You will be assessing our security configuration in the cloud, propose improvements or innovations to the current architecture and provide information required for compliance and audit processes. You will be part of our 3-people Security team and you will report into the Security Tech Lead.
Do you have an affinity for Crypto? Our team is looking for self-driven, talented team players who can help make digital assets available for everyone!
How will you make an impact?
- Advising on improvements for Bitvavo’s cloud architectures and application design security based on analysis you conduct and report on
- Assessing the security risks over the infrastructure, architecture, applications and services
- Preparing comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further security enhancement
- Advising on DevSecOps controls implementation
- Working with other teams to help prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols related to security
- Managing any security breaches according to our defined policies and procedures, ensuring that all staff members are informed of the situation accordingly
How will you be successful?
- +2 years of experience in similar roles
- Solid knowledge of architecture and security baselines in Cloud, preferably AWS
- Experience performing cloud security assessments
- Experience implementing security cloud services
- Knowledge of cloud security architecture and configuration
- Knowledge of web application security and secure development (SSDLC), APIs security
- Self-directed, resourceful, and a critical thinker with attention-to-detail and proactive problem-solving skills
- Passionate about self-improvement and suggesting improvements to processes or activities
- Nice to have: InfoSec Certification (e.g. CCSP, etc), AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate / Certified Security Specialist
What do we offer?
Excellent employment terms, including:
- A very competitive package
- Catered lunch and breakfast in the office
- 26 days of annual leave, and your birthday off!
- Personal development budget and internal courses
- Unlimited access to coaching platform and monthly wellbeing budget
- Hybrid environment within The Netherlands
Who are we?
We are Bitvavo. We’re on a mission to make digital assets accessible to everyone. This means creating a user-friendly and reliable trading platform, with a wide variety of digital assets and transparent trading fees. Over the years we’ve become a trusted exchange used by over one million Europeans.
Bitvavo was founded in 2018 and has come a long way since then. We’re now a team of more than 200 employees from 33 different nationalities and we’ll keep growing to achieve our mission. Our headquarters are based in the canal district of Amsterdam.