DeGiro is an online brokerage and in particular very active for professional parties. DeGiro delivers a high-standing technological service to assets and fund managers. High-tech infrastructure, ability to access over a 100 stock exchanges worldwide and the low transaction rates are unique. DeGiro continuously expands the web-based interfaces with user friendly applications which will be integrated in the current IT infrastructure.
DeGiro employs over 200 people, of which around 25% in IT. As a C++ developer you will design and develop robust and high performing electronic trading systems trading worldwide in all electronically-traded asset classes, participate as a member of a small team for new development, enhancements, and bug-fixing in an environment that consists primarily of C++ on Linux. Responsibilities
- Design and develop high-quality software in a timely manner using object-oriented design principles, unit-testing, design and code reviews, and other software development best practices;
- Design software that is reusable, extensible, and interoperates seamlessly with current or new architectures;
- Proactively seek assistance when required, and actively contribute to team activities including design reviews, code reviews, and mentoring;
- Demonstrate increasing understanding of the business side of electronic trading, including trading strategies, financial markets and instruments, and industry trends.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent;
- 5 years minimum C++ development experience in a Linux or Mac OSX environment;
- experience with TCP/IP, socket-level programming, low-latency middleware, STL, multi-threaded programming, (MySQL-) databases, ;
- Experience in the electronic trading industry is a plus;
- a solid business understanding of electronic markets, trading, and financial instruments is a plus.
- Full time position (remote work is not possible);
- Challenging tasks that require creative solutions;
- International company with flat organisational structure;
- Working with the cutting-edge technologies;
- Free Dutch lessons;
- Relevant education;
- Relocation package;
- Competitive salary with yearly performance-based bonus, pension arrangements, free lunch in the office;
- We are looking for team players, not team leaders;
- Willing to relocate to Amsterdam;
- Opportunity to expand yourself professional and individually.
If you are interested please upload your resume and motivation letter via the 'Apply now' button below. If you need further information, you can contact us at email@example.com or via phone at +31(0)20-5352480.