Description About this role Country COO for Netherlands & Nordics
Corporate Title: Director
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands Job Purpose/Background:
The COO reports to the Country Head of Netherlands. He/she is responsible for coordinating and responding to all internal and external - including regulatory - requests acting as a liaison for matters of importance on behalf of Country Management for the Netherlands and the Nordics.
BlackRock Netherlands B.V. ('BNBV') is BlackRock's EU hub for MiFID 2 regulated services. BNBV has 11 branches across the EU and appr. EUR 260 B AUM for professional clients only.The COO is a member of the Board of BNBV and is therefore subject to approval by local regulator AFM.
Additionally, the COO takes responsibility for the Philips Mortgages business at EUR 1.1 bln AuM.
This position drives the establishment and monitoring of management information and key performance indicators (KPIs), oversees management of internal databases, budget, business analyses and local and regional projects. This position requires interaction with senior management and other department heads in the Netherlands and the Nordics and globally across business units. The role offers the opportunity to work with senior leadership in a growing and dynamic environment and provides the candidate with a unique view of the functioning of a world-class asset management organization.
This position is a multi-faceted role, which requires a strong work ethic, analytical, organizational and planning skills and sound judgment, professionalism and discretion, given the high level of confidentiality of information and data accessed. Key responsibilities - Country COO Running the business: Governance & oversight
Strategic and Operational Change Management
- Responsible for overall governance of BNBV, Board & Committee constitution, risk awareness and actions, cross-functional initiatives, lead for board & opco agenda programming and NEDs preparation, monitoring of delegated services
- To lead and give guidance to BNBV Platform Oversight team
- Chair the monthly BNBV Operating Committee
- Chair the monthly Netherlands Corporate Operational meeting (delegated to Platform Oversight, the country forum for all control functions.
- Executive accountability for ICLAAP (along with RQA and Finance, COO is closest involved board member and engaging with Finance and RQA teams)
- Direct relationship with DNB supervisory team, indirect relationship with AFM (Compliance in lead)
- Develop and implement an adequate governance framework for the Country Office
- Oversight of expenses
- Contribute to the development and execution of the Country Strategy (in close collaboration with Country Head, and Country Leadership-Team)
- Coordinate with client businesses to execute on their growth strategy in the region
- Manage other strategic and tactical country level projects and change initiatives
- Support EMEA wide initiatives at the country level (Talent, Cost Savings, etc.)
Culture carrier, promotor of One-BlackRock
- Responsible for Philips Mortgages business - 10 FTE in Eindhoven
- Review progress, team dynamics, resourcing, strategic relationship with 3rd party technology provider.
- When relevant, participate in operational quarterly review meetings with Philips
- Oversee the proper and consistent functioning of the Country Office liaising with business channels and corporate functions: HR, Legal & Compliance, TES, Finance, RQA, Internal Audit, etc.
BLK Senior Representative
- Monitor consistent treatment of employees (e.g. comp, promotions, etc.) across functions and sponsor initiatives acting as a BLK culture carrier
- Maximize consistency (to the extent possible) among business channels in client approach and product requirements
- Maximize consistency (to the extent possible) at EMEA level with other Country Offices
- Senior BLK local external/public face and key internal representative for client businesses and corporate functions as it relates to the region.
- Separately from the above mentioned three core responsibilities, the Country COO may, depending on the country situation, act as the senior "One BlackRock" point of contact for Regulators, Trade associations, and clients.
- Masters degree (Economics / Business Administration).
- Experience in financial services, consulting or strategy roles, asset management experience.
- Experience in relationships with local regulators AFM and DNB
- Ability to build strong and effective networks with local business leaders and members of key functional areas
- Ability to collaborate with senior management team and regional strategy group to drive local strategy plans
- Very good connectivity / network in London
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- Strong presentation and technical skills required
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Strong financial and business analytical abilities
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.