• Perform analysis of valuation and financing of a potential transaction, formulation of plans and models to consummate transactions.
• Working closely with various sector and product teams, execute buy-side and sell-side M&A and capital markets transactions (cross-border and domestic, public and private, friendly and hostile) and provide general corporate advice to clients.
• Prepare marketing and new business development presentations.
• Execute company-specific financial analysis/modeling, including valuation and statistical analysis and consequences of options a company may be considering.
• Review valuation models including comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, discounted cash flow, leveraged buyout analysis, merger plans.
• Develop written materials such as client presentations, offering memorandums, proposals, engagement letters, and term sheets utilizing Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Coordinate internal and external resources regarding such document creation.
• Create project timelines and work plans, which entail financial analysis, due diligence and valuation. Develop and foster client relationships.
• Take on project management responsibilities for various workstreams / projects
• The associate or VP in the Benelux corporate finance team is expected to take a leadership role on specific workstreams or projects. The team set up facilitates it’s members to take on as much responsibility as the person can take and feels comfortable with.
• University degree or foreign equivalent and 3 to 7 years of relevant experience providing complex analytical support including creating and reviewing valuation and other financial analyses in support of due diligence activities on behalf of a global financial services institution.
• Experience must include executing both sell-side and buy-side M&A or capital markets transactions preparing client presentations and pitches utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; performing financial valuation analysis and building complex financial models; conducting industry and product research; analyzing corporate and financial information; participating in execution of M&A transactions.
• Located or willing to relocate to Amsterdam
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences, and supporting a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity workplace. We practice equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, ancestry, color, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability