At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly
. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
We are looking for a self-motivated Institutional Sales Manager who wants to join our well-established and successful Institutional Distribution team in the Netherlands.
The right candidate will have experience in institutional sales support/client management within an international well-established investment management company and who has the ambition to become a successful sales person with a dedicated client base under the wings of an experienced sales team. Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert:
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
- The Institutional Sales Manager will initially be responsible for the coverage of family offices and the day-to-day client servicing of Dutch institutional clients and will be working closely with the Business Development Directors.
- The person will need to work closely with internal business partners to ensure that our clients receive a high-quality client service with regard to RFP's, due diligence meetings, monitoring calls, ad-hoc Q&As from the senior sales team members in relation to both existing clients
- Active contribution to the annual marketing plan, pipeline reports and business presentations in close coordination with the London teams
- Research new prospective investors ahead of introductory meetings e.g. firm background, news flow, asset allocation, manager roster, historic relationship, identifying key decision makers etc.
- Proactive, people oriented team player with good listening and networking skills, an enthusiastic, upbeat -and realistic- communication style and a passion for success
- Proven experience servicing Institutional clients in the Netherlands
- Investment knowledge in Equity, Fixed Income, Real Assets, ESG and good understanding of / interest in the Dutch pension fund market, investment industry and competitive landscape
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - build and maintain good relationships internally with stake holders and externally with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both Dutch and English
- Strong team player with proven ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients with a high level of attention to detail applied to all tasks
- Strong analytical / numerical skills with attention to detail
- University or University of Applied Sciences degree in Business Administration (or similar) required
- Experience and good command of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and CRM systems
- International experience within a larger financial organisation is a pre
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively in a small sales team
- Ambition to become an independent and successful sales person contributing to the P&L of the team
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter Name: Emily Northcott
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.