Associate, Corporate Communications
Description About this role Your team
The global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for internal and external communications efforts that advance BlackRock's purpose of helping more and more people experience financial well-being. We work to develop compelling communications programs that enhance the firm's culture, drive growth, strengthen our reputation and build our brand. Your role and impact
You will support BlackRock's Corporate Communications efforts in the Netherlands which is one of the firm's largest markets in EMEA. The role is critical to help shape and enhance the firm's message and brand locally. The role is based in Amsterdam and reports to the Head of Communications and Marketing for the Netherlands.
You will contribute to the successful implementation of BlackRock's corporate communications strategy in the Netherlands and be a member of the EMEA Corporate Communications team. You will help shape and enhance the firm's corporate narrative and brand in one of the firm's key regions and work closely with marketing to align communications with commercial priorities with an emphasis on sustainability. The role will involve having an established and thorough understanding of BlackRock, its iShares business, its products and capabilities. You will be able to proactively drive coverage to position BlackRock's franchise and via the appropriate spokespeople ensuring the firm's share of voice is strategically and appropriately presented. Your responsibilities
- Support the roll out of stakeholder-centric communications strategies to deliver BlackRock content to relevant target audiences through a multi-channel approach, including earned media, social media and owned digital properties, as well as internal communications.
- Coordinate media interviews and public speaking engagements with trained spokespeople across the firm, ensuring the topic is defined and the spokesperson is briefed in advance with the relevant key messages.
- Help manage the handling of media enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
Work on various reporting materials analysing the impact of the Corporate Communications strategy over time.
- Coordinate the distribution of a full range of written materials including press releases, by-lined articles and reports relating to the business.
- Support the management of reputational issues, working closely with senior management.
- Support digital communication channels (e-newsletter, website).
- Develop close working relationships with communications and marketing team members in Continental Europe, London, North America and APAC to create operational synergies.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a corporate communications or public affairs function, ideally in the financial services sector, either in-house or agency.
- A good understanding of, and keen interest in, the financial services industry.
- Native Dutch and fluency in English is required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing ability.
- Affinity with digital platforms.
- An energetic team player and driven self-starter, with a positive mindset and excellent work ethic
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with resilience and intellectual flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.