Full-Stack Software Engineer
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering the Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
Nice to Haves:
- Technology Experience preferred (or combination) - Java script, React JS, Node JS, Angular JS type script, Mongol DB
- Legacy Technology: C#, .NET, Oracle
- DevOps Technology: Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Concourse/Jenkins, Agile Tools
- Experience in managing technical project delivery team
- Have experience in provide advisory services to support Businesses
On the job you will:
- Familiar with agile and DevOps principles, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
- Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable to manage through creative abrasion
Our commitment to you
- Analyse business requirements and problems to develop technology requirements and solutions to address needs of the business
- Participate in project meetings to elicit requirements, propose solutions, diagnose issues, demonstrate technology solutions and improve stakeholder engagement
- Closely work with the project team to design and deliver comprehensive services and solutions
- Perform system implementation work including - Perform application development through means of system configuration or code development, provide coaching and training to end user, analyse impact of implementations at macro and micro level and prepare project documentation as required
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2019, we had more than 35,000 employees, over 98,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 30 million customers. As of June 30, 2020, we had $1.2 trillion (US$0.9 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $30.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.