Assistant Manager, Finance
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible for timely completion of accounting and reporting for AIA Bhd within the statutory requirements and guidelines. Roles and Responsibilities:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Review the appropriateness and accuracy of the manual journals raised for monthly closing of the life insurance business.
- Supervise and oversee the entire delivery of monthly statistical returns submitted to BNM, right from preparation to review and obtaining clearance from Head of Reporting and Finance Director prior to submission to BNM.
- Oversee and review the team's preparation of financial analysis on the local reporting prior to escalation to higher level review, including follow-ups with the team on actions points to be undertaken after the review and sharing of financial insights to other stakeholders concerned.
- Review the preparation of monthly and quarterly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Lead in the identification of process enhancements in financial reporting and oversee till completion of the enhancement identified, including active liaison with other internal stakeholders to ensure successful implementation.
- Review and manage the entire preparation of interim and annual financial statements including review of non-financial information obtained from other departments within the Company for accuracy and consistency.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by supervisor to meet operational and/or other requirements or on an ad-hoc basis.
- A recognized Degree in Accounting or Professional Accountancy Qualification, with at least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Prior working experience in the insurance industry will be an added advantage
- Able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Analytical and good problem solving skills.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.