(Associate) Treasury Risk Officer
, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate - Financial Risk Department - Treasury & Liquidity Risk Division - Treasury Risk Unit - at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Treasury Risk Officer (*).
This is a full time position at grade 4/5. The term of the contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for early/mid January 2021
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
(*) internal benchmark: (Associate) Financial Risk Management Officer Purpose
To perform financial risk controls, credit risk controls, as well as performance measurement/ reporting with a focus on the treasury portfolios managed by EIB, in order to minimise treasury risk and ensure EIB's alignment with the Best Banking Practices in the area Operating Network
Reporting to the Head of the Treasury Risk Unit, you will work in close cooperation with all members of the Unit, and will have high levels of interaction with colleagues in the Finance Directorate (the EIB's Treasury front office/first line of defence). You may also interact externally with rating agencies and consultants. Accountabilities
- Perform daily risk controls (compliance with minimum rating criteria, interest rate sensitivity limits, credit limits and concentration limits)
- Contribute to develop and maintain the risk models and procedures related to the treasury portfolios
- Contribute to the maintenance of counterparty structure, credit limits, internal ratings
- Measure and analyse performance of investment portfolios (calculation of returns for assets and related benchmarks, analysis of trends, fixed income attribution, contribution measurement)
- Participate in the drafting and revision of financial risk guidelines in the domain of EIB treasury portfolios
- Perform regular reporting activities and ad-hoc analyses
- Contribute to the strengthening of the overall technical solutions used by the Treasury Risk Unit. Topics in this domain, may include, for example:
- Contribute to the progressive consolidation of treasury risk management models and applications into a single environment (such as C# and/or Python)
- Contribute to rationalise the current End User Computing tools (Excel files)
- University degree, preferably in Banking and Finance, Financial Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science. FRM / PRM / CFA certification or enrolment would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the banking or asset management sector
- Good understanding of interbank deposits and reverse repos, money market funds, government bonds, corporate bonds, and covered bonds
- Solid understanding of concepts/methodologies related to external ratings
- Hands-on working experience with Excel and VBA programming
- Previous exposure to Bloomberg and/or to WSS Finance Kit would be an advantage
- Familiarity with at least one programming language such as C# (preferably), C++, SQL, Python, MatLab, or Java
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 16 th December 2020