This position will focus BCP for Japan, Australia and Singapore market.
Corporate Property Services comprises Corporate Services and Security, Global Business Continuity Management and Corporate Real Estate. Collectively they support our various business needs around the world. The mission is to build, operate and manage, flexible, efficient, safe, productive, resilient, environmentally friendly and cost-effective workplaces. CPS provides services such as real estate planning, design and construction, engineering, security, travel, post and catering.
Global Business Continuity Management:
The Global Business Continuity Management team sits within the Corporate Property Services function and is responsible for ensuring practices are in place to understand, evaluate, measure, monitor and support business continuity planning across the enterprise.
Purpose of your role
Leads cross-group partnerships, technical and implementation support necessary to ensure the practices are in place to understand, evaluate, measure, monitor and support business continuity planning across the enterprise. Foster collaboration across Fidelity with significant business partners focusing on cross company dependencies, common solutions and enterprise issues. Ability to work with, present to, and build a relationship with senior business leaders in both the contingency and risk organizations. In addition, the position requires an individual who demonstrates initiative, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time in a fast pace environment. Provides emergency response and coordination and provides Event Management on-call coverage in accordance with established requirements (participation in a 24x7 on-call assignment a requirement). Some travel will be required.
Business Partner Liaison
- Build and sustain trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries
- Collaborate with internal business partners to identify and communicate organizational risks to meet stated objectives. (Where appropriate offer alternative and reasonable solutions)
On-Call / Event Management
- Lead cross organizational event management situations for any crisis arising from a significant business disruption in the production, technical or physical operation
- Responsibilities include facilitating the communication between operational leaders and subject matter experts (SME's) to identify and assess the operational impact of outages, development of action plans for mitigation, and communicate outage status and closure notifications
- On call roster is part of this position where you maybe asked to come to calls on the weekends due to outages
- Partner with Business Units and Regional Management to develop continuity strategies that ensure business recovery in the event of an outage
- Facilitate/participate in regional recovery exercises and events
- Effectively communicate across multiple organizations before/during/after events that impact business operations (i.e. Severe Weather, Building Issues, System Failures, etc…)
- Lead/participate in initiatives that support Fidelity's Business Continuity Program
- Facilitate program updates to Fidelity Investments risk operating model as a result of changes to regulatory requirements and industry best practices
Health and Safety
- Prepare Health, Safety and Sustainability strategies for company buildings or areas under company control and monitor implementation of such strategies
- Ensure that Business Continuity program components (Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessments, plans, strategies, etc.) are current and plans are in place to recover the business.
- Develop schedules and materials for Business Continuity training/awareness activities to ensure that business continuity teams are trained and proficient in implementing the business continuity plans in APAC
- Assist with regional implementation of Health, Safety and Sustainability management processes and systems
- Monitor current statutory H&S and Sustainability obligations and respond to changes to legislation in a timely fashion to ensure organisational compliance
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in business continuity is must and disaster recovery and/or risk management discipline is preferred
- Experience presenting to senior management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, Project)
- Business level Japanese and English is must
- Able to travel (domestically and internationally) (5%-10%)
- Certification as Business Continuity Planner is a plus
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to think strategically
- Ability to construct concise, well-written communication and verbally communicate with authority
- Proactively scans for potential issues rather than reacting to issues as they arise
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to face off to senior peers and stakeholders and respond to their requirements in a fast-changing business environment
- Excels when in working in a pressurised environment with escalating issues and competing priorities