Consultant, Private Equity
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/Department:
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. As a member of the Private Equity Department, reporting to a Team Leader within the team, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the administration of Private Equity Funds including fund accounting, transfer agency and financial reporting. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 40 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best-in-breed systems and cutting edge technology to deliver excellent service to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group.
Reporting to the Private Equity Manager, this position has arisen in our Limerick office due to growth and expansion of the Private Equity Department. The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that the allocated clients are provided with a high end, timely and effective service. This service will be completed in accordance with the client's needs and the policies and procedures of the Company. The objective of the role is to pick up an existing client list and become proficient in providing an end to end fund administration function including completing reviews to the existing high standards synonymous with department. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to their team.
- Assist the Department in the annual targets of the business including the development of the Bangalore team and the automation of the PE's accounting platform Investran.
- Manages the preparation of interim and annual financial statements for PE Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex structures and listed entities.
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Oversee the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns.
- Manages the PE team through the collection of relevant information to facilitate production of NAVs.
- Ensures NAV's are issued accurately and within defined timeframes.
- Ensures the accurate and timely payment of operating expenses.
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV.
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities.
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established on inception of a fund.
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete.
- Preparation, review & collation of reports for board packs
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Several years PQE working in an accounting environment
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAAP/US GAAP and IFRS.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in system optimisation and automating processes
- Strong client service experience
- Willingness to support with daily tasks where necessary to support the team.
- Ability to participate in systems development projects.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial - Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance - Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater