IFDS-Transfer Agent -Operation Control-12 Months FTC - Senior Associate-Dublin
Who we are looking for
The Operational Controls (OC) Senior Associate will be primarily involved in ensuring the completion of independent control activities. Supporting the monthly Control meetings including the review of errors in a productive manner through working in partnership with Operational Teams to enhance controls.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience implementing change and have excellent interpersonal skills, and can work on their own initiative to see any deliverables through to completion. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Financial Data Services (IFDS). IFDS is a world-leading provider of outsourcing and technology solutions to the financial services industry. With its global headquarters in Toronto, IFDS services over 240 financial organizations around the world, providing solutions to a wide range of global asset managers, wealth managers, banks, and insurance companies. IFDS is present in North America, EMEA and APAC.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
In the role of IFDS-Transfer Agent -Operation Control-12Months FTC role you will be responsible for DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE Essential
- Coordinate, prioritize, and actively manage team tasks to meet deliverables.
- Build strong working relationships with management and staff across all functions to achieve operational control objectives.
- Ensure an awareness of and adherence to the key Transfer Agency (TA) controls at all times.
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts - providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas through analysis of Incident Management MI.
- Assist in the evaluation of incident escalation forms ensuring root cause has been identified and robust preventative measures are considered and implemented.
- Take ownership of the IFDSI Procedure Framework ensuring IFDSI operational procedures are in the standard template, saved centrally, up to date and subject to a periodic review cycle.
- Act as a point of escalation for operational control concerns and manage any issues to resolution.
- Support BT&O colleagues in delivering Oversight, MIS and Regulatory Reporting objectives when required.
- Build a data driven error and incident model to help drive excellence within Operation teams.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals on the team.
- Focus on development opportunities for your Senior Associates and ensure that time is made available to focus on non-operational management aspects of role through the delegation of tasks where appropriate.
- Procedural, technical and product knowledge of the TA business.
- Experience in identifying, investigating and resolving issues through a problem solving approach.
- Experience in reviewing processes, assessing risk and defining controls.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organisational & multi-tasking skills.
What we value WORK SKILLS Essential
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, time management, research and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Experience in completing due diligence visits or audits
- Broad understanding of the wider funds industry, e.g. fund accounting, custody etc.
- Excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly formal report writing including
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind-set
- Influencing ability
- Ability to see the bigger picture, take initiative and offer solutions
- Workshop / facilitation skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
- Enthusiastic with a positive can do attitude
Degree in a relevant discipline
or In the absence of a third level degree, candidates will be considered provided they can clearly demonstrate a strong suitability for the role based on experience and the other requirements set out in the job / candidate description About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers