Fund Services - EMEA Operations Director
The primary responsibility of theDirector - Fund Services for EMEA will be to oversee Operations covering Fund Operations, New Client on-boarding and migration, on-going change, client set ups and Transfer Agency Operations to ensure timely and accurate delivery of daily and periodic deliverables.
The incumbent will lead the Funds Services Operations function with an organization team size of approx. 900 staff (direct & matrix) servicing 180 multi-jurisdictional, multi-regulatory environment clients in EMEA. A key part of this role will be evolving the organization to a Target Operating model aligned to system migrations and standardization. As a bi-product of this work advising and steering the organization to enhance functional resiliency as the organization evolves.
The focus of the role is on ownership, enhancement and execution of end-to-end strategy and governance across Migrations, Delivery, Training, Re-engineering, Risk & Control framework. The key impact of the role is through design and delivering on an efficient operating model servicing multiple jurisdictions, building and sharing best practices combined with optimal and sustainable delivery/controls framework. The individual will drive collaboration and influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and partnering with multiple work streams including Technology, Product and Client Service organizations.
The role will champion the people agenda and lead an organization developing and growing talent across all levels and a high-performance organization culture, engage actively across the corporate center site wide programs & initiatives as well as broader priorities. With a strong understanding of how to build diverse and inclusive teams, retain and train talent and create mobility opportunities with the region as well as across the global organization. Responsibilities: Service Delivery:
• Demonstrate complete & thorough understanding of the firm's Fund Services Operations and provide strong operational leadership to ensure overall Service delivery to the clients
• Enable flawless execution, smooth new migrations, client conversions and enhance overall client experience
• Own and drive efficiency programs, system/process improvements, focused on elimination of manual touchpoints and bespoke processes
• Work seamlessly in a matrix operating model managing senior stakeholders and partners across Operations, Technology, Product and Client Services. Partnership & Governance
• Work in a matrix environment, in close partnership across various sites and business partners as well as corporate center.
• Build and leverage global and local partnerships across businesses in line with the overall product/business objectives.
• Institutionalize a strong governance framework locally in the region and across all delivery sites to ensure consistently strong focus on quality, delivery and enhancing client experience Risk & Controls
• Build a strong Risk Controls Framework within operations by working closely with the Business Partners and Risk/Controls Managers
• Drive an effective, robust, pro-active and sustainable controls program
• Fulfill internal controls requirements as well as ensure smooth Regulatory and Internal Audits Financial Discipline
• Plan and Manage direct-expense budget across teams, develop and retain teams to achieve financial discipline at all times. People Management
• Build a strong transparent Performance Development culture for staff based on meritocracy, continuous communication, timely feedback and appropriate supervisory cover
• Advance an inclusive leadership agenda by building a diverse team, coaching and mentoring potential leaders and actively engaging on the firm's agenda on diversity and inclusion
• Engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams and peers and enhance overall employee engagement and retention, working in partnership with support functions
• Build a strong succession pipeline , critical talent bench and preparing the organization with skills of the future to continue to grow and evolve with the business Requirements:
• Ability to move product and process initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organizational model
• Experience in different markets and locations will be added advantage Key skills:
• Strong background in leadership management disciplines, relevant operations experience and people management.
• Extensive experience in Operations management managing large teams across multiple locations and successfully implementing transformative changes to the organization and revolutionizing processes and organizational attitudes.
• Proven track record of effective leadership as Operations Director or similar leadership role across multiple lines of business.
• Strong ability to build relationships with and influence colleagues, business leaders and functional partners
• Confident communicator with ability to provide clear and succinct verbal and written updates; share strategic direction with the community and stakeholders;
• Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions.
• Drives critical thinking and proactively seeks out best practices, anticipates clients' future needs and collaborates on ideas with others. Understands clients' needs and impact on relationship across J.P. Morgan.
• Ability to drive issue resolution, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to execute consistently on deliverables and communicate status updates and strategic direction to community
• Be a highly motivated individual with advanced strategy, problem solving, and transformation as well as strong influencing, interpersonal and communication skills