Wells Fargo are seeking a Business Risk & Controls Manager to join the team and make an immediate impact. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
We are recruiting passionate leaders for numerous roles within the International Control team, joining our industry-leading team of subject matter experts in front-line risk management within our Wholesale Banking group.
The International Control (ICo) organization sits within the Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Control group and supports the CIB, Commercial Banking (CB) and Wealth Investment Management (WIM) businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The team assesses and effectively manages risks and delivers an integrated view of risks, produces a sustainable control environment, and instills a culture of strong risk management. CIB Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to consistently drive comprehensive implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across all lines of business.
The International Control team identifies, assesses, and mitigates risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory, and Operational Risk types, ensuring alignment with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
Your background must include significant experience in managing both Front Line business activities and non-financial risk; significant experience in a regulatory related role will be a strong advantage. Based in Dublin, this role will require continuous senior leadership engagement and the successful candidate will be expected to bring direct controls expertise as well broader thought leadership on risk and regulation to the senior WFBI management team.
- Reporting jointly to the EMEA WFCC & WIM Control Lead (London) and COO WFBI (Dublin), serve as the in-country front line controls lead for WFBI and its current and future business lines.
- Lead the overall WFBI risk mitigation program across non-financial risk types, in coordination with the supported CIB and Commercial Banking businesses operating in the region.
- Partner with the respective Support Function Controls teams (Finance, Ops, HR, Legal, etc.) to understand and assess the front-to-back risk & control environment as it impacts WFBI
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and monitoring of Legal Entity (LE), business-specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk.
- Support related LE Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Business Process Management (BPM) and Control Evaluation activities consistent with the Group Control Executive's 5 pillars, Risk Management Framework, regulatory commitments and associated policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM)
- Manage the design of business-specific risk controls and provides the leadership over the development of remediation plans to address any control weaknesses or gaps. Advise and coordinate with the respective Support Functions as required,
- Drive collaboration with the EMEA Control Programs Snr Manager to lead and promote a strong risk culture to ensure effective communication and supportive partnerships
- Where necessary assist with the design, implementation and monitoring of new front line controls for the Legal Entity across the relevant LoBs, consistent regulatory requirements and associated IRM policies
- Ensure assigned strategic plans includes LoBs material risk and associated activities consistent with the enterprise risk framework and risk appetite statements
- Ensure LoBs and, where necessary, planned support function activities in region are consistent with the Enterprise Risk Framework, policies, and programs and risk appetite framework, and to ensure they are well-calibrated and integrated within the Line of Business.
Market Skills and Certifications
Significant leadership experience in non-financial risk management in an international environment and/or extensive regulatory experience with a detailed understanding of wholesale banking operations, risks and processes.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, especially those in Ireland
- Extensive experience leading the development and implementation of risk management programs and associated controls, especially operational risk, compliance, financial crimes, or enterprise risk programs, as well as integration across risk programs is critical
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls, within a large complex financial services company. Preferred experience in operationalizing controls within business operating units
- Experience driving forward-looking strategic plans and full lifecycle transformation leadership from idea inception to implementation to adoption into business as usual operations
- Ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective
- Strong experience and business acumen in the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment
- Previous experience executing regulatory remediation and corrective actions and interacting with regulators; strong preference for proven engagement with CBI
- Proven leadership ability to develop dynamic and high performing teams and drive successful execution of change initiatives
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner to senior executives and external agencies
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.