BlackRock - Technology and Cyber Risk Manager - Vice President
Description About this role
We are looking for an experienced individual to join the Enterprise Risk team based in Dublin, with a focus on Information Risk Management. Job Purpose/Background:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a leading provider of investment management, risk management, and advisory services to diverse investors globally. BlackRock offers our clients a range of solutions, from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management strategies to highly efficient index strategies for broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of products, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds, other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Understanding and managing risk is the cornerstone of BlackRock's approach to responsible investing. Our Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group promotes BlackRock as a leader in risk management by providing independent top-down and bottom-up oversight to help identify investment, counterparty, operational, model, regulatory, technology, and third party risks.
Technology Risk Management (TRM) is an integral part of the RQA Enterprise Risk Management group. As a second line of defense function, our mission is to help ensure senior management has defined technology controls that protect our clients, our firm and support the achievement of firm-wide business goals within our risk tolerance. TRM partners with senior management, Aladdin Product Group and Technology leadership, Information Security, Operational Risk and other control functions to achieve this mission.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a dynamic, flexible and creative leader, with experience in technology and enterprise risk management and financial services. The candidate must have strong presentation, communication and proven project management skills in order to successfully navigate across different levels of the BLK and client organizations. The candidate must also be able to work cross functionally across enterprise risk disciplines. Responsibilities:
- Support the local BlackRock regulated entity (BlackRock Asset Management Ireland Limited) Board, Designated Persons and senior management team in implementing the BAMIL risk management framework and perform information security oversight, in accordance with Central Bank of Ireland regulatory requirements and European Union Directives.
- Lead and support periodic and thematic risk assessments to execute continuous control monitoring; detail potential control gaps and questions, conduct business engagement meetings and follow-ups throughout the year.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Information Security governance, risk and compliance matters, responsible for the identification, assessment and management of information security risks globally across all information security domains. Provide cyber security technical advisory services regarding industry and leading practices, relevant strategic initiatives, and emerging technologies and trends. Present to BAMIL senior management and the Board, as required.
- Support corporate enterprise risk initiatives and processes that have a technology component as a well act as a single point of contact for the all enterprise management matters for the assigned business relationships.
- Monitoring risk remediation efforts for risk and control issues and support issue closure or risk acceptances, as needed.
- Drive issues and actions resulting from internal audit, regulatory reviews and external audits to completion; work with action owners to gather and evaluate appropriateness of evidence.
- Work closely with regional compliance teams to prepare for regulatory requests, representing TRM as necessary in face to face meetings in conjunction with other partners.
- Challenge the design of global technology metrics, perform data and trend analysis, and produce monthly KRI and KPI metric reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships globally across the firm including Technology Management, Information Security, Vendor Risk, Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit. Be a risk champion and culture carrier within the wider BlackRock business.
- Stay updated on global technology related regulations, industry standards, and other best practice guidance related to Technology Resilience, Cyber Security and Technology Vendor Risk.
- Partner with BlackRock software development and technology teams to help them identify, understand and manage technology control risk through control education, review of metrics, and completion of self-assessments
- Successfully work cross functionally across other enterprise risk management disciplines (i.e. operational risk, model risk).
- 6+ years of experience working in a Technology Risk, IT Audit, Information Security or related field (Asset Management or Banking industry experience preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in industry leading practices and control frameworks, such as COBIT, NIST CSF, ISO 27001 as well as regulatory requirements, such as GDPR, GLBA and CCPA. Familiarity with Central Bank of Ireland and European Union Directives relating to Information Security Risk Management.
- Have an established understanding of software design, distributed systems, SDLC, and/or technology operations (hands on experience preferred)
- Demonstrable ability to analyze and monitor risk control issues through to resolution
- Proven project management, relationship-building analytical and organizational skills
- Effective communicator
- Has the capacity to multitask and complete difficult assignments within deadlines and with short lead times
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working collaborations across teams and regional locations
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) as well as familiarity with GRC tools.
- Experience with Tableau preferred.
- Bachelor (Third level) degree required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.