BlackRock - Counterparty Risk Management - Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges. Job Description Business Overview
BlackRock's Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock's fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA Investment Risk's principal responsibility is to ensure that the risks in BlackRock's portfolios are fully understood by our portfolio managers and senior management and are consistent with clients' objectives. We also help build "state-of-the-practice" quantitative models and analytics that help inform risk taking and portfolio construction across the firm. RQA team members tackle real-world problems, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skillset to provide tangible solutions in the investment management process. Counterparty Credit Analyst
RQA's Counterparty & Concentration Risk team is charged with actively managing global counterparty credit risk exposures in accordance with the firm's fiduciary mandate, as well as providing transparency of credit-related portfolio and firm-wide concentrations. The principal responsibilities of an analyst within the Counterparty & Concentration Risk team will be to support the global team function with a focus upon the global businesses that give rise to counterparty exposures, such as securities settlement, derivatives transactions (both bilateral and cleared) and financing trades. Key Responsibilities:
- Producing counterparty credit reviews using financial statement analysis and qualitative review guidelines
- Monitoring financial performance of counterparties
- Identifying credit/counterparty risks and exposures arising from clients' and/or BlackRock's investment activities and operational processes
- Reporting and reviewing counterparty risk exposures, including preparing counterparty risk reports for senior stakeholders and regulators
- Monitoring and analyzing aggregate levels of exposures across BlackRock's clients' portfolios against appropriate thresholds (regulatory and/or internal risk limits and thresholds), where required
- Interacting with global trading and portfolio management teams supporting counterparty exposure management initiatives
- Supporting global regulatory change projects and developments impacting counterparty and concentration risk management
- Protecting the reputation of BlackRock and its clients
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or economics preferred
- Robust analytical and quantitative skills, with a working knowledge of statistical methods
- Ability to code or program data analysis in languages such as R or Python plus proficiency with advanced Excel features
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders across multiple functions, geographies and cultures with professional maturity and sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations
- Strong attention to detail, a strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sound ethical compass, demonstrable integrity and a commitment to doing the right thing
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.