Sr Mgr- App Develop
Provide leadership to a development team that builds micro services for the company , which is comprised of both internal and vendor resources, through the design, development, documentation, testing, and modification of existing and new software applications, championing standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Participate in architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation,. Track and communicate development project status, dependencies, and risks and mitigation strategies to the project team and leadership. Provide technical expertise to the business. Responsibilities
Provide oversight and leadership to a team of developers and software engineers to ensure timely execution of team and project deliverables.
Develop and maintain an organization of quality people through effective hiring, coaching, and performance management processes. Champion and ensure adherence to development strategy, standards, policies, tools, and procedures during all phases of the development life cycle.
- Diving deep into projects, issues when needed to get into details and demonstrate that no task is beneath them.
- Facilitate communication upward and across project teams including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (design and implementation objectives).
- Speed matters at Phenom and calculated risk taking is valued. Manage the trade-offs between time, budget and quality and communicate when that is happening and why.
- Hiring the best talent by self-initiative, innovative methods and not just relying on Phenom recruitment team.
- Embed sound industry-standard software engineering best practices within the broader engineering team that will be grappling with multiple priorities and pressures in every release.
- Should have prior expertise in owning and delivering non-functional roadmap for complex products in terms of performance engineering, scalability, security and supportability.
- Set high standards, lead the team in a dynamic environment and deliver project timelines while adapting to change.
- Earn the trust of not only the team but cross functional teams across the board.
- Ensure all processes and procedures, both internal to the team and interaction with other teams, are followed and work to improve whenever appropriate and necessary.
- Coordinate to provide technical guidance/assistance to the team when necessary.
- Appropriately escalate any issues/concerns that require immediate attention from other affected parties.
- Identify, define, and coordinate the training needs of the team
- Plan and execute a structured approach to enhancing the skill level and productivity levels of the team.
Provide implementation/production support and any production fixes, as required.
Maintain up-to-date skills in software development technologies and a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications/assets drive and support the business (understand the greater impact of assets/applications and development work). Provide expertise in the selection and implementation of development tools and best practices, as well as recommendations on priority and asset investments. Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and project teams. Required Qualifications
- Software Engineering Manager with 13+ years of experience including 5+ years managing large (30+ people) international teams developing large transactional applications.
- Hands-on experience developing web-based consumer applications especially in the financial services industry
- You should have technical experience in Java, Micro-services,SOA,Dockers and Kubernetes and Istio based deployments on both On-premise and Cloud environments.
- Expertin design and development of RESTful APIs using ODATA,JAX-RS and JSON
- Experience in design and development of Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud application
- Should have hands on experience on Git,Junit,Mockito,maven,SWagger,Chaching ( redis/Memcache),NoSQL database (MongoDB /Cassandra /CouchDB), Splunk /Sumologic
- Strong knowledge of frameworks of reactive programming like Akka,Spring Boot, Hibernate etc
- Strong Foundation of relational and nosql databases
- Strong knowledge on implementing CI/CD for micro- services with coding best practices and code quality tools.
- Strong technical skills covering web based development tools (Java/J2EE), scalable application development techniques to build large transactional systems, and consumer facing application development tools.
- Good team building and management skills
- Proven experience delivering release objectives in a variety of methodologies including agile methodologies such as Scrum
- Recognized self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and seeks the challenge of winning in a rapidly changing marketplace
- Strong business, project management and operational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization from senior management to engineers both internally and externally
- Experience working with vendor partner (on- and off-shore) resources. Preferred Qualifications
Working knowledge of Oracle, PL/SQL, Informatica, ETL technologies.
Research new technologies and prototype solutions to leverage cost reduction and increase performance.
Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
Understanding of network technologies such as Firewall, Switches, Load Balancers etc.
Understanding of security concepts with hands-on experience in implementing security controls and compliance requirements
Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
Experience working with distributed teams.
Detailed oriented self-starter, can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly; must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts.
Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders.
Personality that engages peers and promotes collaborative teamwork.
Expert level application of technology/engineering knowledge-base to multiple and evolving programs and languages.