Economic and Markets Research, Associate
Description About this role
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future. That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and it's why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges. BlackRock Investment Institute (BII) Overview:
The BlackRock Investment Institute (BII) leverages the firm's expertise and generates proprietary research to provide insights on long-term asset allocation, the global economy, markets and geopolitics - all to help our clients and portfolio managers navigate financial markets. As the firm's primary platform for generating and delivering thought leadership content, a key area of focus for BII is on how sustainability issues are driving investing considerations. In that capacity, BII partners closely with BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI), which unifies the firm's sustainable investment strategies onto a single platform, partnering with BlackRock's investment and distribution teams to develop scalable and innovative solutions ranging from screens and environmental social governance strategies to Impact Investing. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge / Experience:
- Supporting the BII Economic & Markets Research Function in assisting with research and data analysis across thematic investment issues with implications across asset classes.
- Conduct analysis on relevant economic data releases and market themes as advised
- Economic and financial modeling: developing, utilizing, analyzing and dissecting quantitative models
- Producing research and assisting in presentations to internal audiences.
- Ideally an advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. economics, finance, engineering, physics, and math)
- Intuition for and a passion in financial markets and with experience in the finance sector
- Strong statistical modelling and data analysis skills
- Deep understanding of macroeconomic and financial data
- Open-minded thought process and intellectual curiosity
- Motivated, flexible in approach and ability to work independently
- Responsive with keen attention to detail
- Able to manage handle workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - presents ideas in a clear and constructive manner
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); very strong statistical/econometric software skills are required
- Python and other coding skills highly desirable
- Additional European language skills apart from English are desirable but not a requirement
- Excellent academic background
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.