The position we offer: As a Data Architecture Owner, you will be responsible for the design and evolution of the Group’s Data Platform and event-streaming infrastructure. You will work closely with the firm’s technology and business architects to integrate our data storage and analytics infrastructure with existing Group systems and vendor solutions. Experience in architecture of (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures (preferably on cloud) is a must.
- Work closely with business owners, PM, business architects and data analysts; effectively translate business vision into data system architecture design and provide detailed technical review of vendor’s solution proposals;
- Continuously evolve the Group’s data architecture in an agile development approach while moving toward a target long term architecture.
- Form strong working relationships with IT Architecture and infrastructure and operational teams in order to determine and agree the further roadmap of the data- analytics product.
- Collaborate with other application technology teams to ensure a coherent end to end implementation with existing Groups systems and platforms
- Support the build-out of data governance within the firm
- Take responsibility for the further development of cloud migration strategy for data.
- We expect the ideal candidate to have extensive (8+ years) experience in data architecture and engineering and to be adept at solving complex problems. You should have enterprise experience with cloud-based data analytics stacks and demonstrate knowledge of the latest Data Technologies.
- Proven working experiences with designing and implementing large scale enterprise data lake or warehouse and BI projects supporting 100+ TB data size
- 5+ years of architecture / design experiences
- Good programming skills in SQL, script languages, and at least one high-level programming language (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Experiences with big data analytic tools including Apache Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kafka, ELK and others in addition to traditional data warehouse
- Excellent communication and problem solving capabilities
- Deep understanding of traditional RDBMS, DW, BI concepts and design methodologies as well as modern data science and AI & machine learning technologies
- Understanding of cloud and related technologies
- Experience of using TOGAF or other architectural frameworks
- Experience in Financial Markets (e.g. exchange, brokerage, trading institution) and knowledge of financial products is a plus
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Senior Data Architect (Big Data) - Leading Financial firm in HK in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Cloud-Based Security Assessment Director - Leading Insurance Group
2) FX Application Support - Securities Brokerage
3) Full Stack Developer / Quantitative Execution Trader - Expanding Quantitative Hedge Fund