Platform Head of Data Analytics, Distribution & Reporting
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Head of Data Analytics, Distribution & Reporting role sits within the Platform team providing the strategy and vision for the data distribution within and externally to the business, preparing various data services and lakes including business readiness for portfolio management, and overseas regulatory and tax reporting in line with regulatory requirements and CS best-practice. Data driven insights by applying the latest trends in Artificial Intelligence and machine learning is core to the role. The chosen individual will lead a small team and has oversight on data lakes for data distribution; data analytic and insights and regulatory and tax reporting. Further to representing the function in decision forum and collaborate with any data governance framework matters while coordinating with the APAC CDO, APAC IT and APAC COO teams to operationalize & support the Data Management Framework.
Motivated to be part of a high-profile, multi-faceted team that provides necessary support in data management for remediation as well as long-term initiatives. The candidate must possess high level of integrity, both personally and professionally. Head of Data Analytics, Distribution and Reporting will
- Understand business needs and drive a data strategy towards execution across the various areas outlined.
- Coordinate with the APAC CDO and business to define the data distribution strategy and vision in accordance with APAC data governance framework and articulation of the roadmap to support the strategy
- Motivate the team to commit to effective end-to-end delivery of prioritized initiatives ensuring the investments are optimized from cost, time to market and strategic fit perspective
- Direct, advise and guide the peers within the cross domain platform team on understanding of data management and comply best-practices
- Manage the team budget by monitoring & reviewing resource and funding utilization taking corrective actions proactively as required
- Focus on implementing data governance standards in conjunction with enterprise data governance policy and work to identify, assess and remediate data quality issues
- Outstanding engagement with leadership of the business and help develop innovative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, demonstrating domain experience.
- Seek to identify business needs, negotiate priorities between competing business partner's interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively
- Understand upstream and downstream dependencies and guide the team towards achieving the data management roadmaps for the team
- Handle risk proactively, building a sustainable control environment by supporting the business in reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices
Minimum of 15+ years’ experience in the Finance Industry with 5 years’ experience of Product Management / Technology / Data Management with a proven execution track record, ideally in the area of data management & distribution To be successful in the role, you will require
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in investment banking or technology development
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills – problem structuring, logical thinking and story-lining essential
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and with senior management
- Possess strong leadership skills in handling small teams
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Proficient in business process, products, and market trend
- Solid understanding of the principles of data management and proficient in digesting and analyzing data
- Commercial attitude towards quality, cost and delivery of the projects
- Driven by a desire to get things done and move consistently towards target state.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.