A leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services is seeking an experienced KDB engineer to join a successful team of developers in Hong Kong delivering critical data tools and systems for the Quantitative Investment Strategies (QIS) business. This business is a key growth area for the firm and this role will be an essential part of the ongoing effort to expand our offering to clients.
The team works closely with the business and is focused on delivering cutting-edge technology to the firm's internal and external clients. A key part of this is the development of a new consolidated KDB platform to manage all the data requirements around these products while developing new tools and systems to streamline business processes and enable the business to expand into new areas.
The role involves all aspects of the software development life cycle: analysis, design and implementation. We need a flexible and practical technologist who demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, enjoys all aspects of software development and will contribute to the success of the team.
- Work on and be responsible for a large tick based KDB plant and associate access points/API for the various consumers, from quants, backtesting systems, to algo trading systems.
- Develop a new historical database for use by research and backtesting
- Partner closely with a global team of highly skilled developers
- Participate into the strategic direction for the team and provide key inputs in to design decisions
- Improve the system constantly to achieve stability and scale.
- Design and consult on q queries to achieve analytics objectives of the various clients.
- Collaborate with the local desk strategists to deliver a commercial platform, where reactivity will be key.
- Strong experience in designing/building/maintaining KDB
- Good team working
- Exposure to Python and SQL
- Knowledge of Java an advantage
- Understanding of Equity Derivatives Products would be an advantage
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an agile environment
Please send your CV to Amy.Hall@TEKsystems.com if you are interested in applying.