Equity Research - Associate Analyst, Hong Kong
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
The Equities Research Associate Analyst will support senior Research Analysts and Portfolio managers in assimilating information and reaching investment decisions. The position will be broad and varied involving attending company meetings, conducting field research, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing businesses. Working alongside experienced investors on our global platform will help you learn the necessary skills to develop into a successful investor. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Handles various projects such as analysis of competitive funds, managing stock watch lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Portfolio Managers and Analysts that help make them more effective in their buy/sell decisions.
- Academic excellence.
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities.
- Keen interest in investing.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a good writer.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Personal and/or professional investment experience (i.e. internships)
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience (buy-side, sell-side, M&A banking, private equity)
- CFA qualification or in progress
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.