Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
- Degree qualified. Qualified accountant with at least 3 - 5 years post qualification experiences preferably including working in Big 4 international or China tax practice
- Overseas working experience highly regarded
- Experience in private equity / real estate transaction structuring an advantage
- Experience in direct and indirect tax compliance experience an advantage
- Experience in pan Asian cross border transactions an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English is a must. Mandarin is a plus, both spoken and written
- Can-do attitude, not afraid to take a hands-on approach to complex and / or tedious matters
- A team player who can produce deliverables of a high quality
- Focused on multiple deadlines and timely delivery
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and to take on additional responsibilities
Direct & indirect tax compliance management
- Local tax compliance – support the overall tax compliance management in the APAC investment jurisdictions including Australia, China, Singapore, and Hong Kong etc; ensure all tax filings are submitted on a timely and complete basis; improve the overall compliance monitoring system
- Check the box (“CTB”) elections – support the CTB elections process for portfolio companies and SPVs
- Singapore 13R/13X applications – support the 13R/13X applications process for deal SPVs
- US tax reporting – support and coordinate the US tax reporting process
- Tax provision – support all tax provision matters; review tax provision for various purposes including annual audited financial statements, year ended financial reporting, management reporting, bank reporting etc.
- Tax audits - assist in and handle tax audits as and when they may arise
Tax structuring & advisory for certain products and / or in markets
- Support tax due diligence, tax structuring, deal closing and funding from a tax perspective
- Assist with compliance with offshore structuring guidelines, where relevant
- Provide tax support for exit, where appropriate
- Support other tax related processes – Manage and coordinate with the Blackstone Centre of Excellence and various platform entities in respect of tax related processes
- Support finance team / deal team / asset management team when required on other financial / accounting matters
- Assist with ad-hoc requests
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).