Technical Consultant / Software Engineer
Job Description We are actively seeking a Technical Consultant to join our Implementation Services Group within our ERS - Banking Reg Tech organization. Implementation Services team specializes in installing, upgrading and configuring our financial software suites on customer site. Our products are used extensively by commercial banks, insurance companies, other private sector financial institutions, and governmental organisations throughout the world.
Our projects include software integration, product migration and upgrades, design and development of custom software components, data conversion and import, and technical client training.
Reporting to a Implementation Services team manager, you will be responsible for delivering technical excellence both internally and on client implementation projects.
- Participate in software implementation projects (new implementations, upgrades and migrations from on-premise to cloud-based solutions) performing tasks such as:
- Install and configure both Moody's proprietary software as well as 3 rd party software (e.g. database, application servers)
- Create and execute scripts that improve process automation
- Troubleshoot issues related to data, performance, calculation and reporting
- Become a reference person for technical advice in the organization
- Contribute to internal knowledge management systems
- Develop and disseminate best practices in software implementation
- Provide feedback to product development and other internal teams that contribute to the evolution of our solutions
- Advise on administrative and environmental issues such as security and access rights
Qualifications Required Technical Qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is required
- Strong relational database experience (preferably Oracle)
- Excellent command of PL/SQL: coding, performance tuning (analysis of execution plans) and usage of performance optimization tools
- Strong customer services skills are essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels, with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to work autonomously with some supervision, yet integrate appropriately with the team and other areas within Moody's.
- Highly organised, efficient and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with either a software developer or systems integrator working as an expert on technically complex applications and architectures
- Good understanding of server hardware, data storage, and web based application architecture
- Experience in setting up and administering web servers, ideally Websphere and/or Apache
- Preferrably good understanding of web technologies and web application server configuration (Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, and/or JBOSS)
- First experience on Big Data projects will be much appreciated : Hadoop,spark,yarn,etc
- Previous experience in Cloud computing will be appreciated .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.