Financial Crime Compliance, AML Compliance Officer, Analyst/Associate, Shenzhen
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Within the firm's Compliance division, the Financial Crime Compliance Group is responsible for coordinating Goldman Sachs' enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act compliance effort and provides AML-related services to Goldman Sachs subsidiaries worldwide. These services include: developing and implementing policies and procedures; performing customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence; screening against OFAC and other government sanctions lists; conducting automated and manual transaction monitoring, investigating potential violations of law, regulation or firm policy by employees and/or clients; reporting suspicious activity; coordinating training of relevant employees; and liaising with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the firm's AML Compliance Program guidelines and will coordinate and monitor day to day compliance with applicable money laundering laws, rules, and regulations to mitigate reputational and regulatory risk to the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities
Skills & experience we are looking for
- Reviewing prospective clients to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk
- Conducting background investigations of prospects, primarily utilizing publicly available data sources and reviewing client documentation
- Conducting investigations relating to escalations or alerts on potential suspicious activities. Investigative work entails in-depth client account reviews of trading and transactional activity , as well as electronic communications, to identify potential money laundering, insider trading, market manipulation and other suspicious transactions
- Writing investigative reports and Suspicious Transaction Reports
- Drafting and implementing applicable Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") policies and procedures
- Providing training to employees on AML-related topics
- Managing document retention in accordance with applicable AML regulation and firm policy
- Monitoring any updates and i nterpreting relevant AML laws, rules and regulations
- Collaborating closely with the global Anti-Money Laundering/Suspicious Activities Group , the Anti-Bribery Group , the Government Sanctions Group, and the Global Transaction and Market Surveillance Group
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 3 years of general securities or futures compliance, securities law, law enforcement, investigative or forensic accounting experienc e in international financial institutions , top-tier domestic firms or professional accountant or law firms
- F amiliar with PRC AML laws, regulations and requirements
- Experience in reviewing client trading and transactional activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, investigative and risk assessment skills
- Good understanding of the securities or futures industry and investment products
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize demanding workflows, be detailed-oriented and well organized
- Must be a self starter, pro-active and able to work independently
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and external database searches, such as Worldcheck, Factiva, and Lexis/Nexis
- Fluency in English and Mandarin mandatory
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.