Analytics Product Manager - Shanghai
We are currently seeking a Product Manager to join our APAC Analytics Product organization based in Shanghai, China. Scope of Responsibility
The successful candidate will be part of the APAC Analytics Product team and be responsible for the commercial development of the Analytics solutions in the Greater China region. This selected individual will immediately take on important strategic business development projects. Some of the key responsibilities include:
• Perform market analysis of existing and emerging client needs, industry trends, and competitor analysis.
• Develop and execute on the strategies and operating plans
• Provide guidance on structuring deals
• Partner with global teams to drive the execution of the product development roadmap including product launches and go to market activities
This is a business leadership role that involves working extensively with clients as well as colleagues internally (Top Management, Coverage, Support & Services, Research and Operations groups). Travel and speaking engagements will be a regular part of this role, and effective team management skills in a matrixed structure will be a critical success factor.
Successful candidates have the opportunity to drive the strategic business agenda as well as the execution of business plans across functions, and to develop detailed insights into the businesses of a wide range of market participants. The right candidate will have the right mix between commercial and technical skills necessary to gain credibility and to influence the marketplace to adopt MSCI's solutions. Specific Knowledge/Skills
The successful candidate must have inquisitive, analytical, client-centric mind and the drive to steer cross-functional projects through the organization with limited supervision. In addition, candidates will be assessed for:
• 5+ years of relevant experience. Of particular interest are:
• Deep knowledge of investment and risk management process operations.
• Hands on experience with industry standard investment tools such as Barra, RiskMetrics, FactSet, Bloomberg PORT, etc..
• Demonstrated business management experience- sales forecasting, marketing, and business development or product management experience.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to present before large groups; ability to influence senior managers or key decision makers of institutional investors. Fluent in English and Mandarin, read, write and speak.
• Education: Minimum Undergraduate. Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics preferred. Desired Experience
Already covered above Desired Qualifications
Already covered above
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.