Senior Financial Analyst, Chief Accountant's Group
Supports the execution of accurate and efficient cyclical reporting processes for regulatory and management information and note disclosure in financial statements to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies. Works across BMO to deliver specific project/program results in alignment with overall group goals. Supports an efficient and effective Accounting function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level performance and minimizes risk.
• Provides input to reporting policy and procedures.
• Provides specialized support to investigate and resolve complex issues as escalated end-users or assigned by
• Participates in initiatives as a subject matter expert for an aspect(s) of financial reporting systems or business process.
• Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards for regulators and executive level reviews.
• Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined
• Participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
• Supports the production of financial, regulatory, and management reporting requirements.
• Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for monthly, quarterly and annual processes for reporting.
• Analyses data and information to provide financial, regulatory and related risk insights and recommendations.
• Support the interpretation and definition of internal and external policies and regulatory requirements e.g. credit reporting.
• Ensures strong governance and effective controls across finance & accounting activities and information in accordance with
• Provides attestation to the validity of financial results and highlight significant information including variances, trends,
opportunities and exposures to their Manager.
• Provides information and support the process for internal (Corporate and SOX) and external audits.
• Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
• Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
• Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
• Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed. Qualifications Qualifications
We're here to help
- Typically between 3 -5 years of relevant experience
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
- Completion of the Canadian CPA
- combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/ .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.