- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Oct 17
Associate Software Engineer (C++ Programmer)
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaRole/Responsibilities:
At GGY, a Moody's Analytics company, we embrace integrity, creativity and flexibility while rewarding your successes. Come and be part of a team that strongly encourages learning and provides opportunities, projects and interactions to develop and hone your expertise.
Located in Toronto, Ontario, Gilliland Gold Young Consulting Inc . (GGY) is an actuarial software company devoted to developing, maintaining, and supporting GGY AXIS. This is an integrated, full-featured actuarial software product used in Canada, US and around the world.
As a C++ Programmer you will be part of an actuarial team and provide support for the actuarial programmers. You will also be responsible for assisting with ongoing maintenance of the code and assisting internal clients with issues related to AXIS.
Your role will entail working independently alongside actuaries and system developers:
- programming complex data conversions
- Profiling and optimizing routines to make them run magnitudes faster
- assisting actuarial programmers with writing scalable and robust code
- designing and implementing new features for AXIS in the user interface and database areas
- liaising between system developers and actuarial programmers
- troubleshooting issues for internal clients
- testing and reconciling new features
- other duties as assigned
Enterprise Risk Solutions
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Statistics
- Strong hands on experience in C++ development
- Excellent understanding of algorithm designs
- Knowledge of database technologies and database design principles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience or exposure to embedded database engines, an asset
- Prior experience developing financial applications in the actuarial field, an asset
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.