As a Business Controller, you will cooperate closely with the Group Business Controller and work together with a team of Financial Controllers in performing the following tasks:
- You will be responsible of the monitoring of the financial controlling activities of the business units and departments, assigned to you, in accordance with specific regulations such as local GAAP, IFRS 4 & 17/9 and Solvency II.
- You will contribute to business processes by ensuring the financial planning and analysis, system process monitoring and preparing of business plans.
- From a business controlling perspective, you will follow up the quarterly closing process within finance including the support in external audits and setup of financial management reporting.
- You will provide support to consolidation activities; draw up miscellaneous group reporting, intercompany transactions and reconciliations.
- You will take up an internal expert role with respect to the management control of the business unit(s) by developing analytical activities related to operating expenses and cost ratios and advising managers to ensure the correct recording and processing of business and financial transactions.
You will act as a finance business partner by :
- taking up an active role in the coordination and preparation of business analysis and plans for projects, new or revised services/products, business units, …
- contributing to the decision-making processes by preparing financial and non-financial controls, advising on technical elements from a financial and a controlling point of view.
You will participate in projects (ICT and/or business) deliverables to optimise and guarantee business controlling activities.
You will be point of contact for newly recruited team members and encourage the development of their knowhow.
- You hold a master's degree in accountancy, business economics or finance and you have at least 5 years of professional experience, preferably related to business controlling.
- You have a sound financial background and you will have worked in an international environment.
- You are proactive; demonstrate strong analytical skills and you have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are flexible and can work both autonomously and as a teamplayer.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word...) is a must; BO/BI is a plus.
- Knowledge of IFRS is a plus as is Solvency II.
- Knowledge of SAP FI-CO is an advantage.
- You show a good oral and written proficiency in French, Dutch and English.
- An interesting permanent position in a stable multilingual and international environment.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talent.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, extralegal pension, ...)
- Our Belgian offices are located in the center of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.