Senior Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineer- Scala, Spark, Big Data
About the Role:
- Deliver data engineering solutions using the most cutting-edge Big Data stack!
- Join one of Australia's advanced Engineering capabilities in our Chief Data Office
- Work with an amazing team of engineers who thrive to build innovative data solutions!
This role would be ideal for an experienced, Senior Data Engineer with a strong background in software engineering or big data development, who has a keen interest to deliver data centric solutions on an existing Hadoop platform.
Reporting to the Engineering Lead in the Chief Data Office team, you will work within a portfolio comprising of more than 200 people, and you will interact with both onsite and offshore teams, including mid to senior level staff, ranging from Program Managers, Data Architects, Data Engineers, Staff Engineers and Change Owners. You will play a pivotal role in contributing towards key strategic initiatives and high profile projects, within the Data engineering teams. What skills you will need to be successful?
What's in it for you?
- Strong skills in software data engineering and functional programming in Scala, along with backend coding expertise in Java and Python are mandatory.
- Demonstrated experience in design, development and debugging big data applications on Hadoop platform, using Spark and ETL based tech stack is highly essential.
- Commendable technology leadership experience working with onsite and offshore teams would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience in building group data products by integrating large sets of data from hundreds of internal and external sources would be highly critical.
- A true passion to learn new skills, along with being smart and diligent to solve data problems with a risk-mindset appetite is highly critical.
- Effective stakeholder management skills and proactive communication skills in coaching and positively influencing business stakeholders, along with other technical leadership groups are highly essential.
This role is based at South Eveleigh - our brand new state-of-the-art precinct which will soon be home to 10,000 of our people. We're embedding ourselves in a location that will support our goal to be best in digital. We'll be part of the wider technology community at this exciting location so the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas will be endless.
- Flexible working programs to promote your mental well-being and work life balance!
- A brilliant team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation at work
- Fantastic growth and career progression opportunities on offer!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 30/10/2020