Risk Insight Analyst
Reporting and Insights Analyst The Model Development and Monitoring Team
The Model Development team delivers models that are used to strengthen the lending decisions being made and the productivity of the credit risk assessment processes used for our customers See yourself in the team:
The Model Development and Monitoring team supports the RBS Consumer Finance business unit through the development, maintenance and monitoring of advanced predictive statistical risk models including credit risk scorecards, fraud risk scorecards and profit contribution models. The team is also responsible for building and maintaining reporting tools that effectively monitor the potential risks within credit decisioning.
The team looks to continually enhance our risk management practices by excelling in data usage to deliver active model management and robust reporting.
The team also provides wider portfolio insights through model monitoring and risk reporting. What you will do:
The key purpose of this position is to build and maintain reporting tools that effectively monitor the potential risks within credit decisioning strategy and its process. You will be responsible for designing report, coding for underlying data extraction, undertaking analytical deep dives, identifying new opportunities, and communicating these insights with senior stakeholders.
Under the guidance of the Senior Manager Model Monitoring and Insights:
- You will be accountable for delivery of new and existing risk reporting on Consumer Finance products, including successfully managing any regular reporting deliverables.
- You will manipulate complex data to identify and investigate developing trends and draw insight and hypothesis from data.
- You will use data to influence management and project stakeholders across various product teams and the wider business.
- You will become a best practice subject matter expert across analytics, data management, compliance and governance.
- Although not a primary accountability, you will contribute to analysis on the performance of the models used within RBS Consumer Finance - providing a view on whether those models are fit for purpose to make lending decision, and providing areas where improvements can be made.
- You will proactively identify and own the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives that could increase the quality and/or speed of analysis and reporting.
- Proactively share knowledge with team members and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the group values.
- Be proactive in own career planning and personal development.
Motivated and driven, volunteer to take on new challenges, like to take ownership and want to make a difference and contribute to broader initiatives.
Work well with senior stakeholders and project teams, able to work independently to timelines.
Passionate about solving business problems by combining business acumen with data driven insights and the ability to understand broader business issues and objectives We want to hear from you if you have:
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) with strong academic grades in mathematics, statistics, econometric modelling, quantitative methods, portfolio modelling or other analytical disciplines.
- Experience in using data manipulation and statistical analysis tools (eg. SAS, SQL, Tableau, R) to convert large data sets into easily consumable and insightful reports and business recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex issues and communicate solutions to people of varying levels of technical competence.
- Demonstrated experience using data to derive, justify and implement hypothesis driven strategy optimization.
- Experience in change management, workflow management, and managing risk to the highest degree of compliance and governance (including documentation).
- Experience of statistical / economic / financial modelling theory is advantageous although not essential.
- A broad understanding of Retail banking product offerings
- Excellent time management skills, able to work to strict deadlines and deal with changing priorities
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 01/12/2020