NAIF, the Northern Australia Infrastructure Facility, is a development financier established by the Federal Government to support the development of infrastructure in northern Australia. A key focus of NAIF’s financing is to drive public benefit, economic and population growth and Indigenous involvement in North Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia.
Information on recent projects and loans can be found at www.naif.gov.au/media-releases.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Counsel (Director) to join NAIF. With an active pipeline of investment and financing opportunities across a wide range of sectors, the Senior Legal Counsel will be part of NAIF’s recently expanded mandate and growth plans.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Senior Legal Counsel will work with the Investment team to complete assessment and due diligence of projects and project proponents, and prepare and advise on finance documents. You will also provide legal and regulatory advice to the broader NAIF team to ensure that legal risks are managed appropriately and in accordance with applicable legislation, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Over 7 years’ relevant experience gained in a commercial law firm or senior in-house role, including finance and project experience
• Excellent technical legal, negotiation and analytical skills and a proven ability to make sound commercially orientated judgement calls
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work on transactions of varying size and complexity and across different infrastructure sectors and structures
• Experience in instructing and managing external legal services providers, to ensure that the organisation receives actionable and cost-effective legal advice and understands that advice
• An innovative and energetic mindset, to ensure that the Legal team is operating efficiently and has systems and processes in place to satisfy its organisational purpose
• A current practising certificate issued in an Australian jurisdiction (or the ability to obtain one within a short period)
Applicants must have full working rights in place for Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Adam Taylor-Campbell at Jon Michel Executive Search on 02 9235 9404 or email@example.com
JON MICHEL EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Jon Michel Executive Search was established in 1997 to provide search and selection services to the financial, professional services and corporate sectors. The firm’s clients include commercial banks, investment banks, fund managers, insurance companies, private equity firms, stockbrokers, private equity backed companies & sophisticated investor groups, professional firms, as well as a select group of blue-chip corporates.
Areas of Specialisation
Corporate & Investment Banking | Advisory | Global Markets | Risk Management
Funds Management & Alternative Investments
Corporates & Government
Executive Management – C-Suite
Marketing & Communications