- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Aug 17
Associate Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USARole / Responsibilities:
This associate business analyst will join a team with a large portfolio of strategic and ongoing projects, and provide support throughout the product development process. This support will include capturing detailed project requirements, ensuring they are written up with supporting details, elaborating the requirements with the development and quality assurance teams, signing off on the implemented solutions, and participating in user acceptance testing. For strategic projects, the associate business analyst will also support large-scale user acceptance testing, and coordinate responses where needed. As projects move into business as usual mode the associate will help document process and ensure successful transfer to the operations teams.
The associate business analysts will also have the chance to own smaller projects with mentorship from more senior business analysts, and will participate in other projects affecting content solutions such as website, data or feeds, on an as-needed basis.
- Support large strategic projects, partnering with senior team members, and/or execute on small scale projects as per direction from senior members of the team
- Capture business and technical product requirements
- Support user testing
- Support any relevant Agile activities around planning, grooming, elaboration and acceptance, working very closely with other business analysts and with partners in the development and program management organizations.
- Coordinate and execute user acceptance plans
- Maintain technical support documentation and training
- Support achievement of sales targets
- Assist with pre and post sales support
- 2 year's relevant experience preferred
- Degree in information management, computer science, engineering, finance, or economics preferred
- Experience with MS office, Sharepoint Services
- Interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Must be highly organised and detail oriented
- Basic understanding of relational databases and experience with SQL- Preferred
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.