Aladdin Business Analyst
- Newark, NJ, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Resource Collaborative
- 03 Aug 17
This is an excellent opportunity to join the talented professional technology team of our client, a large fixed income asset management firm. This group is undergoing many changes and upgrades to their technology providing a terrific environment to contribute your technical prowess, learn new technologies and be a part of exciting growth of the firm and your career.
Aladdin Business Analyst
The Business Analysis Group is responsible for supporting various initiatives across the Fixed Income investment group with an emphasis on understanding the project(s) requirements from the business perspective and to ensure those requirements are translated into the appropriate functional deliverables. This role liaises with IT and Business Stakeholders in supporting project implementation, documenting and validating system requirements, identifying and recommending solutions for improving existing processes and technology needs that will enable the Business Stakeholders to achieve their goal(s).
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Undergraduate (B.S.) degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or Information Systems is preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in the Financial Industry
- Direct experience with relevant proprietary technology or third-party vendor software such as BlackRock Solutions Aladdin, Charles River, Bloomberg required.
- In-depth understanding of various Fixed Income instruments and their analytics, characteristics and benchmarks with proven knowledge of Derivatives and its processes is required.
- Must be able to read and recommend updates to JAVA code.
- Must be proficient with SQL.
- Candidate must have highly developed analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skill sets. Position requires the ability to quickly trouble shoot issues and think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and connect the dots, as well as demonstrate drive, resourcefulness, and personal ownership of assignments.
- Ability to work independently is critical, as is the ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and actively participate in assessing impact of requested changes on existing processes.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable working with all levels of an organization’s technology and business groups.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and PowerPoint. Prior experience with JIRA and Confluence is a plus.
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience is preferred.
- Must be highly proficient in data manipulation and writing SQL queries.
- Hands-on experience with any investment / trading system, or performance attribution system is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: structured securities including ABS, MBS, CDO, CLO, and OTC derivatives including TR Swaps, CDS, FX Swaps & Options is a plus