Application Support Analyst
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 14 Aug 17
We are part of Shared Services Production group responsible for providing technology support.
Our team provides an end-to-end, follow the sun support service for business domains such as Business Intelligence, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, AFC, Legal, eDiscovery applications, Corp Services & CISO (IT Security) applications. Interacting and working alongside the front office, middle office, back office, developers, business analysts and infrastructure teams. Being at the fore front of supporting the applications the team members have high exposure to and work with the front to back business teams on a daily basis within a fast paced dynamic environment.
We are a Run the Bank organization supporting business & operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide level 2 production services for Shared Services Applications within the Client & Reference Data Services domain
- Understand support process (as per ITIL) and escalation procedures, become fully conversant with all support tools that will be used to provide effective support.
- Need to review application/platform changes and ensure all mandatory artefacts attached so that risks associated with change are understood and mitigation done.
- Need to resolve Incidents, Service requests and raise/track change request & problem tickets to closure.
- Group email management and take ownership to track & resolve issues coming via mail.
- Provide support for the on-boarding of new client applications onto the production by ensuring that NFRS are documented and followed.
- Gain detailed knowledge of all business flows, the application architecture and the hardware configuration for supported applications.
- Ensure timely delivery of key data feeds within SLA’s. Consistently achieve maximum availability (up time) for critical functionality.
- Manage incidents through to resolution keeping all stakeholders abreast of the situation and working to minimize impact wherever possible.
- Conduct post-mortems of incidents and drive relevant feedback into Incident, Problem and Change management programs.
- Facilitate coordination across streams and the wider teams during incidents and key market and holiday events.
- Assist in the process to approve all new releases and production configuration changes; ensure development includes all necessary documentation for each change and conduct post-release testing where required.
- Perform reviews of all open production items with the development teams and push for updates and resolutions to outstanding tasks and reoccurring issues.
- Approach support with a proactive attitude, working to improve the environment before issues occur
- Focus knowledge management across the supported applications and ensure full compliance.
- Weekend coverage needs to be provided on Rota basis.
- 1-2+ years working experience in financial institution in providing IT support and dealing with business users on support or requirement gathering
- Getting things done in large organizations – understanding of where to use processes and how to build and operate a network
- Work across countries, regions and time zones with a broad range of cultures and technical capability
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and with executive levels. Relationship management skills
- Experience working with virtual and global teams / Intercultural awareness
- Broad ITIL / best practice service context within a real time distributed environment (ITIL v3 foundation desired)
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of projects and strategies.
- Experience with using UNIX, Linux, Wintel, Perl/Shell scripting, as well as ability to write SQL to extract and patch data in Oracle databases. Familiarity with JAVA and .Net
- Experience of Monitoring tools such as Geneos, Netcool, Tivoli
- Experience in IT in large corporate environments, specifically in the area of controlled production environments or in Financial Services Technology in a client-facing function
- Experience of end to end Level 2 production support and good overview of production support.
- Investment Banking Experience is preferable.
- Experience of run-book execution.
- Experience of supporting complex application and infrastructure domains
- IITIL / best practice service context
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix structures
- Working knowledge of incident tracking tools (i.e. ServiceNow etc.)
- Working experience in Cloud based platforms.
Education | Certification (Recommended):
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience or diploma)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Must be hands on with technologies like UNIX (Linux/Solaris), Oracle SQL/ PL*SQL and Informatica product and will be required to login to the servers and perform troubleshooting issues.
- Need to have a deep understanding of the performance monitoring tools on UNIX and is expected to troubleshoot database (Oracle) related performance issues.
- Exposure to configuring Event management tools like Geneos
- Exposure to one of the Scheduler tools (Control-M) is desirable.
- Should have core Java experience
- Understand ETL (Extract, transformation and Loading) architecture.
- Should have experience in JBOSS, Weblogic
- Should have knowledge about MDM concepts.
- Pega Experience will be an advantage.