Manager - Fintech Partnerships & Strategy
- disc. bonus/bens
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Aug 17
This role will assist the Head of Fintech Partnerships and Strategy in driving strategic initiatives. The role holder will collaborate with the Global Businesses, Global Products, and Group Strategy in the region to execute a unified global digital strategy for 3rd parties. The role holder will also coordinate cross-business and cross-product 3rd party initiatives for Digital.
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Digital team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, responsibilities will include:
- Drive regional external Fintech engagements for Corporate & Institutional digital and facilitate adoption through HSBC Innovation Group and other business digital teams across HSBC
- Lead the structuring of partnerships with external companies (vendors, Fintechs, etc) and assist the business in ongoing execution of these partnerships
- Identify Fintech companies globally where an investment would further HSBC's strategy and work closely with the HSBC Strategic Innovation Investments team on execution
- Manage the portfolio of HSBC Innovation companies and drive business adoption within HSBC
- Lead engagement with external companies and Fintechs to provide business, financial and market intelligence to executive management
- Drive initiatives that require cross-product, cross-business or cross-regional collaboration within the Digital team
- Engage with other industry participants including other financial institutions, market infrastructure providers as necessary to ensure optimal outcome
- Attend relevant external events/ engage thought leaders to provide regular updates to Senior Management on current market trends
- Facilitate adoption of innovative solutions - internal and external - across the Digital group. These are solutions that would contribute to improving customer satisfaction, back office efficiency, new product development, distribution channel extensions, etc
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of leading a complex global business unit with accountability for a P&L
- Ideally to have experience within a global banking environment
- Financial and accounting acumen
- Ability to manage and mitigate operational risk effectively
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment
- Experience working across cultures
- Knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitor and market
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to build relationships by communication, influencing and negotiating effectively with senior stakeholders, third party consultants and technical experts across the whole bank
- Ability to clearly articulate programmes of work to management consultants and SMEs, manage/interpret the deliverables and translate theory into practice
For further details and application information please apply online.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.