Data Architect -London Investment Bank £90-100k basic + bonus
- to £100k +bonus & benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 13 Aug 17
Leading Investment Bank in City seeks a Data & Integration Architect to devise, document, socialise and oversee the implementation of a data integration architecture which meets the needs of our business and aligns with our Technology principles, target state and roadmap. The focus is initially on real-time integration, but batch integration also needs standardisation and governance.
All applicants must have Investment Banking, strong experience of XML, XSD and FpML or other financial markup languages
• To improve cost-effectiveness and value for money (TCO)
• To improve developer agility and flexibility (time to market)
• To improve integration incident handling and problem management
• To help simplify and rationalise our systems landscape
• To improve systems landscape and integration visibility at design-time and run-time
• To retain and where necessary improve our current strengths, especially around stability and robustness.
The Data Integration Architect will face off to a wide range of stakeholders in business and Technology, and externally to third parties, partners and vendors.
They will work closely with the following Architectural functions:
• Enterprise Architecture, which leads the definition of our target state enterprise architecture and a roadmap to get there
• Enterprise Data Architecture, which is mapping our enterprise data model, attributing data ownership, and overseeing the implementation of an enterprise data management capability
• Integration Platform Architecture, which owns and manages our real-time and batch integration platforms.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
• To articulate and document the Data Integration vision and roadmap for the Bank, lead its implementation, and guide and support our solution architects in its usage
• To understand and map out the information flows between our systems, and determine how we could simplify our systems landscape
• To own schema design for integration between the Bank’s systems and with external partners, including developing and running an enterprise-wide schema governance process
• To help make our integration landscape more visible, at design-time and at run-time, through use of automated tools and metadata, in collaboration with Integration Platform Architecture
• To look at whether our current interaction models (point-to-point, publish / subscribe, some request-response) are still right for our Bank.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Undergraduate Engineering, Computer Science or IT qualification (or higher or equivalent)
• Essential: Experience of working in an investment bank in a technology role
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
• Strong experience of data integration architecture for investment banking
• Strong experience of XML, XSD and related technologies
• Strong knowledge of FpML and other financial markup languages
• Strong understanding of integration patterns and their application
• Good understanding of trade, counterparty, product and instrument data
• Good expertise in producing architecture, design and specification documents
• Solid foundation of full IT systems lifecycle, from analysis through to operational support