C++ Software Engineer - eTrading Technologies
- Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
An exciting, ultra low-latency, greenfield etrading project for an experienced Engineer.
We are searching for world-class technologists to join our team building solutions for a high-frequency, ultra low latency e-Trading Market connectivity team.
Candidates must be highly motivated with a track record of success. The ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, system design, threading implications, and strategies for optimizing performance-sensitive code.
In this role, a candidate will be building the components that underpin the global macro eTrading business.
These components must be highly available, highly scalable, and operate with the lowest possible latency. The systems handle high volumes of real-time data and require careful tuning for performance. Candidates would be accountable for the overall success of the systems, including design, development, deployment, optimization, and day-to-day operation.
- Advanced professional C++ experience required
- Strong Linux/Unix, Libc, GCC, GDB
- In depth knowledge of networking topologies, TCP + UDP
- Low latency middleware, for example: Informatica ultra messaging
- Familiarity with performance tools is a plus (perf, oprofile, papi).
- Strong scripting skills, python, bash scripting
- Ability to work collaboratively on long-term technical problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Stats, Physics, or similar experience
- Familiarity with open source software, including Linux kernel/module development is a plus
- Possess a great attention to detail
- Ability to analyse and fix problems quickly
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a team