Technology - Asia Technology COO office - Business Manager, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Aug 17
See job description for details
The position is based in Hong Kong, supporting the Asia Technology COO office. The general areas of responsibilities include financial management and business analysis, management reporting, providing support on regulatory matters and departmental people agenda, and supervision of one junior staff. Although the role will primarily be Asia focused, active collaboration with global counterparts is required. This role reports directly to the Asia Technology COO.
Direct responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Financial and Business Management:
- Financial and business management for Asia Technology Division Management as a division within Asia Technology, including budgeting, variance analysis, expense and resource tracking, space planning, etc.
- Financial analysis and reporting for Asia Technology as a business unit.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to meet senior management and regulatory requirements.
- Work with business managers and other BU colleagues to ensure that adequate internal controls are in place on operational matters.
- Produce management dashboard and other metrics to assist regional and country level management in strategic and operational planning.
- Prepare management presentations and perform ad-hoc analysis to meet senior management requirements.
- Support departmental people and communications agenda as required (e.g., diversity, training, and philanthropy related initiatives).
- Support audit / regulatory enquiries as required.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in business management, financial management or business consulting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with hands-on experience in data analysis & reporting.
- Experience in budgeting and managing IT expenditure (including cost allocations) preferred.
- Good presentation skills, oral and written communication skills. Prior experience in dealing with senior executives is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, time constrained environment.
- Experience working with colleagues and stakeholders across multiple locations
- Matured self-starter; self-motivated, with a strong focus on execution.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) essential; fluent in Chinese (verbal and written) preferred.