Desktop Support Engineer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
- Responsible for desktop software & hardware support and work with service providers in case of hardware failure.
- To install and test PC peripherals as requested by users according to the bank standard.
- To follow up procurement & delivery of hardware/software that're required by users.
- To install software/application according to user requirements or application installation procedure, and act as the first line support of software & applications.
- To co-ordinate & liaise with other IT teams for network connection of desktop equipment.
- To provide relocation services on IT desktop equipment.
- To maintain up-to-date hardware inventory.
- To administrate Windows user account.
- To satisfy all administrative requirements of the position.
- To update SAP for procurement & fixed assets control.
- To deploy latest Security Patches
- To support VC and voice recording playback
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good working knowledge of Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Lotus Notes, Outlook
- Good skill in desktop hardware and software problem resolution
- Good spoken English and Cantonese
- Good written English
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Holder of MCSE
- Over 2 years working experience in a banking environment