Clearing Operation Manager
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Manage daily cheque clearing and/or electronic clearing activities and seek for continuous improvement in operation processes being managed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Manage a Clearing Operation team to provide operation support and processing including but not limited to Cheque, Autopay, CCASS, Payroll, Book Transfer, Internal Transaction Posting, etc.
* Plan, direct, operate a Clearing Operation team to ensure a high quality and low cost service is delivered to internal and external customers.
* Constantly review current workflow and operating procedures, system and practice to ensure that they are in compliance with the laid down Policy, Processing Standard and Procedure Manual.
* Identify improvement opportunities and initiate procedure streamlining, process re-engineering and rationalization to maximize productivity and resource utilization and improve service quality.
* Ensure the full deployment of human resources within the team by recruitment, training, manpower planning and development staff to full extent.
* Handle complicated internal and external customer inquiries / complains / incidents independently, confidently, reliably and timely with professionalism.
* Manage or participate in multiple projects to ensure projects are delivered according to target scope and schedule within budget, deliverables are aligning with requirement and implementation is smooth.
* Perform other duties as delegated and assigned by the management.
Qualifications and Skills
* Degree or above in Business Administration, Information Technology, Operation Management, or related disciplines
* Solid working experience in banking operation and branch operation with relevant exposure or experience in cheque clearing and electronic clearing operation
* Solid supervisory or managerial experience in managing an operation team
* In depth knowledge in banking and finance field, good awareness of risk and sensitive to identify operation irregularity with customer service oriented mind
* Mature, responsible, self-motivated, independent, positive attitude and willing to accept challenges.
* Able to work multitask, under pressure, tight deadlines and stressful environment.
* Good team player and mentor with good leadership, strong communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and stakeholder management skills.
* Proficient in PC applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, knowledge on Project Management Tools a definite advantage
* Good command of spoken and written English, Mandarin preferable
* Able to work on shift duty a definite advantage
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31 Aug 17. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.