- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 23 Aug 17
Quantitative Financial Analyst - Macquarie Digital Wealth
Quantitative Financial Analyst - Macquarie Digital WealthThe Macquarie Digital Wealth (MDW) Team within the Banking & Financial Services Division provides leading edge automated investment advice solutions for forward thinking financial advice practices. The MDW team is a leader in the Fintech space and focusses on the efficient provision of digital investment advice. We're lucky to have the best of both worlds: the 'can do' mentality that you want when you're working in agile and dynamic environments, collaborating with passionate co-workers, and rolling up your sleeves to get on with the job; and the organisational strength that comes from many years of starting and building real businesses that work.
Based in Sydney, this is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated person to join a talented team with a broad mix of financial and technology skills. This role would suit someone who likes to solve complex problems and has a commercial approach to assisting our clients improve their business offer.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop quantitative tools and back test investment ideas
- Analyse large datasets including fundamental data and sentiment data
- Identify and manage new datasets that support our product offering
- Work in a tight knit team of incredibly motivated and talented individuals
- Show a high level of technical excellence that will drive new ideas and deliver outstanding products
- Learn new technologies, stay up to date with best practices and help us evolve the practices
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables
To be successful in this position, you must possess previous experience developing, testing and documenting quantitative models, ideally with financial markets and investment products.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary degree in mathematics, engineering or related discipline
- Experience in Python/Pandas or similar such as Matlab, R
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Ability to analyse complex problems and articulate, document and implement correct, maintainable and testable solutions
- Passion for delivering, articulating and improving quantitative models
- Strong attention to detail, resilient nature, and high expectations of yourself and others
- Flexibility to deal with changing priorities and multi-task
- Comfortable learning new systems and functional areas
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement
If you possess the above skills and experience and are looking to build a career with a market leader, please submit an application online. For a confidential discussion, please contact Georgie Brown on (03) 9635 8891.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers .
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 04 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time