- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 07 Aug 17
We are currently looking for an individual that can drive our client implementations being accountable for defining, implementing, integrating and troubleshooting the solutions being deployed by Markit Analytics. The candidate will help bridge the technical gaps that the financial engineering and project teams cannot support the client with on technical issues.
Duties & accoutabilities :
- Project based role delivering product specialist knowledge in pilot projects, system implementations, internal projects and client support.
- This will focus on Markit Analytics data and integration products and involve project analysis and definition, configuration, installation, data interfacing to both external vendor systems and internal client built systems, hardware requirements, performance tuning and consultancy to clients.
- Some aspects of the customization involve a degree of involvement in code development, database configuration, data modeling and report generation.
- This role is likely to appeal to an experienced and technically focused person with sound development and systems or database administration background, and who is interested in developing system solutions by capitalizing on product capabilities and client facing opportunities.
- The candidate should be able to show/have a desire to become involved in the technically challenging area of market / credit risk.
- Also to demonstrate the ability to grasp the fundamental financial mathematics and risk measurement methodologies delivered by Markit Analytics solutions.
Business competencies :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Client-facing experience implementing large scale systems, particularly risk systems.
- Software development experience: C #
- Be able to demonstrate experience with SQL
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools an advantage.
- Understanding of the risk management business function, and operations of Risk Systems by end clients
- Management of external consultants doing specialist integration work